Friday, December 17, 2004

I'm back (2)

The LG U8120 worked well for about a week as a modem for my Sony Laptop
then an error message Hardware Failure :-(

so I took it back to the shop in Copenhagen Strøget - the "Walking Street" and after 24 hours got a free upgrade to a Motorola A925 which after much fiddling about connected at 230 kps

I have a 2 giga byte per month subscription at a reasonable price

but took about 4 hours and another help line call to get it working again - if it falls out it pays to reboot the telephone :-))

The software enables you to view hard disk C in the phone
(and drag and drop either way)
OR

to get on line
so far I have to kill mRuter.exe from Windows task manager

whilst experimenting with Windows XP sp2 control panel
Phones and Modems
advanced

then the Motorla Simplify Manager could see the phobe as a modem

Possibly it works better with Blue Tooth instead of USB
but I cannot afford a BlueTooth dongle for this older machine

The 'puter software is advanced Beta in my opinion
perfectly useable if you can find out how to tweak it

=====================================

Just lost the first version of this blog
the connection timed out :-(

Meanwhiile my Norton Virus has updated in the background

I wrote a review for Mobile Phones UK: Online Guide
but I forgot to add a link to this blog :-(

So I recovered most of my text

Symbian 7 operating system, the range of software available for the A925 is extensive.

As a 3G phone, the A925 supports all of 3's video mobile services: video calling, video messaging & downloading video clips. It supports assisted GPS (Global Positioning Satellite) for enhanced location-based services. It also benefits from high-speed data transfer whilst on the 3G network. The screen format supports widescreen video.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home